Oral Hygiene: How to Floss Your “Fangs” for Halloween
As Halloween rounds the corner and heads toward us, it’s important to take good care of your smile, especially because of all the sugary candies and treats available. So, we encourage you to brush your teeth twice a day and floss your teeth at least once a day. However, our Lifepoint Dental Partners team understands that flossing can be a bit tricky sometimes. So, to help you, we have provided the following flossing tips:
- Break off about 18 inches of floss and wind most of it around one of your middle fingers (or around your paw if you’re a werewolf).
- Wind the rest of the floss around the same finger on the opposite hand or paw.
- Hold the floss tightly, having about one inch between your two index fingers. Guide that section of floss between your teeth using a gentle sawing motion.
- When the floss reaches the gums, curve it into a “C” shape against the tooth or fang. Gently slide it into the space that lies between the gums and tooth until you feel resistance.
- Hold the floss against the tooth and gently scrape the side, moving the floss away from the gums.
For more information and tips about oral hygiene or about flossing in Des Moines, Iowa, please feel free to call our office today at 515.965.5999 and talk to your dentist, Dr. Lifepoint Dental Partners, or a member of our dental team. We are here to help you in any way we can, and we look forward to hearing from you!